See, Mel and her husband, Mark, had been trying to have children, but the process was long and arduous. When Mel did finally get pregnant, the child was stillborn, which left Mel with postpartum depression. She wanted to take her doctor’s suggestion, and try using a surrogate, but her husband needed a break and wanted to stop trying, which caused a serious rift between them. But, that’s not all! Almost a year before Mel arrived in Virgin River, she and Mark got into an argument about whether or not to try one more round of IVF treatments while they were driving, which caused a car accident, and he ended up dying from his injuries.
About The Author
Signup for our Newsletter
- Resident Alien is a Labor of Love for Chris Sheridan
- Candace Cameron Bure Reveals Why She Tirelessly Defends Herself Against Online Trolls
- Nurses Season 1 Episode 6 Review: Risky Behaviour
- How CBS’ FBI May Have Just Accidentally Proved Major Crossovers Are Still Possible Despite COVID
- Legacies Unveils First Look at Elena, Stefan, Damon, & More!